The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy (Parks Conservancy) is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire 35,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is seeking enthusiastic and qualified individuals to provide excellent guest service to visitors to one of our three cafés. This is a unique opportunity to work for a nonprofit organization supporting the Golden Gate National Parks. Successful applicants should be able to provide a high-level of courteous, professional, and efficient service to all of our customers. Applicants should also be interested in working in our beautiful Golden Gate National Parks and representing the Parks Conservancy to the community. This is a counter service position. We are looking for seasonal employees who are available to work a varied and flexible schedule that includes holidays and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of 2 years café, food prep, or deli experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years or more experience with guest service.
- Familiarity with the Aloha POS system.
- Candidates must have a current/valid food handler card. Serv Safe or equivalent.
- Must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
- Barista experience a plus.
- Culinary training a plus.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking for 6–8 hours a day.
- Regularly works on a computer or operates electronic equipment.
- Frequently lifts, carries, and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Prepares food using sharp utensils and operates hot equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional visitor service.
- Assists the manager with daily operations of the café.
- Positively represents the Parks Conservancy in the community.
- Assists the manager with merchandising and housekeeping.
- Maintains positive, productive relations with National Park Service and Conservancy personnel
- Ensures all sales transactions are completed quickly, pleasantly, and in accordance with the Parks Conservancy cash handling policies.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include “Café Server” in the subject line of your email.