Seasonal Positions Available
The Golden Gate National Parks comprise more than 100 square miles of parkland that includes the Marin headlands, Muir Woods, the Presidio, and Alcatraz Island. The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is a nonprofit organization that works to help preserve the Golden Gate National Parks and enhance the experience of park visitors.
Located on historic Alcatraz Island, the Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour is an award-winning recorded tour that guides 1.3 million visitors a year through the Alcatraz Cellhouse. The Visitor Service Representatives are responsible for distributing the audio tour and assuring a high quality experience for the visiting public. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are available to work full-time, including weekends, evenings, and holidays. We have several positions available that are seasonal (March -November).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Multi-lingual communication skills a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma.
- Consistently punctual.
- Completes tasks on time, takes responsibility for own actions and can be relied upon.
- Pitches in and contributes to achieving group goals.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting.
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking.
- Frequently lifts, carries, and positions objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Visitor Services Representatives are responsible for the following duties:
- Greeting and orienting visitors to the Alcatraz Cellhouse.
- Distributing tour equipment and explaining its operation.
- Providing information about Alcatraz programs and history and/or referral service to visitors.
- Provides customer service to visitors.
- Checks audiotape equipment and batteries.
- Collecting audiotape equipment as visitors leave the Island.
- Coordinates duties with security guards, NPS rangers, Alcatraz Cruises staff, and Parks Conservancy retail and operations staff as assigned.
Please submit a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and three references to email@example.com Subject: Application Cellhouse Tour
Aplications will be accepted until positions are filled.