November 7, 2013
Audience: Members, Adults, Seniors
Location: San Francisco
Event Type: Member Event, Class/Workshop
The California Academy of Sciences and Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy cordially invite members of the Parks Conservancy to a reception and seminar, "Managing Your Finances in a Challenging Environment."
• Maximizing Social Security Benefits
• Investing Today: What About Bonds?
This event will take place at:
California Academy of Sciences
75 Nancy Pelosi Drive (back entrance)
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Map and directions
As capacity is limited, RSVP by November 6 to Roxanne Lee at (415) 379-5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximizing Social Security Benefits
Presenter: John Burns
• Benefits available for workers, spouses, ex-spouses, and widow(er)s
• Strategies to maximize benefits
• Integration of the three benefit streams of Social Security
• Charitable giving as part of a sustainable budget
Investing Today: What About Bonds?
Presenter: Colleen Supran
• Tapering vs. tightening: The Federal Reserve’s role in influencing rates
• All bonds are not created equal
• Thoughts on returning to a more “normal” environment
• Strategies that work well in this low-interest rate environment
(optional: complimentary NightLife at the Academy following the program)
John M. Burns, CFP®, FSA
John is a Principal at Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough, LLC and provides investment management and comprehensive financial advice to individuals and families in their San Francisco office. His deep expertise in retirement and employee benefit planning allows him to help clients achieve their long-term financial goals for retirement and other life events.
Colleen S. Supran, CFA
Colleen is a Principal at Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough, LLC and provides investment management and comprehensive financial advice to individuals, families, and institutions in their San Francisco office. She has considerable experience in investment analysis and portfolio management, and helps lead the firm’s core investment research and committees.