November 10, 2013
Sunday, 9:30 am-2:30 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Stinson Beach, Marin County
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore and monitor critical natural areas from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge. Volunteers and staff work at different scenic locations each week to restore native habitat throughout the park. Come out and explore beautiful areas while assisting in invasive plant removal, outplanting of native plants (winter season), and seed collection.
This is a weekly volunteer program on Tuesdays, 10 am-noon and Sundays, 9:30 am-2:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. We work at different restoration sites and may need to give you directions. No cancellations due to rain.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the HRT workday schedule (PDF) for details.
HRT Office: (415) 289-1861 or email@example.com. Call our hotline at (415) 289-1862 to hear the Sunday workday schedule.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.