August 23, 2014
Saturday, 10 am-1 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers
Location: Marin County, Oakwood Valley
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore critical habitat in Marin. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Work day events include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Alta Avenue gate at the end of Donahue Street (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.