June 29, 2013
Saturday, 10 am-1 pm
Audience: Adults, Educators, Elementary School Students, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Marin County, Muir Beach
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore critical habitat in Marin. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Work day events include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
This is a weekly volunteer program on Wednesdays from 1-4 pm and Saturdays from 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 8 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Muir Beach parking lot. Look for your program leader by the picnic tables (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.