April 11, 2015
Saturday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: San Francisco, Lands End
Event Type: Volunteer
Become a Park Steward and help restore unique San Francisco coastal habitat. Volunteer activities focus on weeding in the summer and planting in the winter, as well as seed collection and landscape beautification. We have projects suitable for volunteers of all ages and activity levels. Join us for an afternoon of outdoor fun and hands-on education.
Volunteer programs take place on Saturdays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Park Stewardship San Francisco volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Coastal Trail trailhead at the Lands End Merrie Way parking lot. The trailhead is on the north side of the parking lot (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.