August 1, 2013
Thursday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Adults, Educators, Elementary School Students, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Become a Park Steward and help restore unique San Francisco coastal habitat. Volunteer activities focus on weeding in the summer and planting in the winter, as well as seed collection and landscape beautification. Join us for an afternoon of outdoor fun and hands-on education in this beautiful part of San Francisco!
This is a weekly volunteer program on Thursdays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Be sure to check the Park Stewardship San Francisco volunteer page for program updates or cancellations due to holidays.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the commuter parking lot at Storey and Lincoln Avenue. (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also see the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.