November 21, 2013
Thursday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Become a Park Steward and help restore unique San Francisco coastal habitat. Volunteer activities focus on weeding in the summer and planting in the winter, as well as seed collection and landscape beautification. We have projects suitable for volunteers of all ages and activity levels. Join us for an afternoon of outdoor fun and hands-on education.
This is a weekly volunteer program on Thursdays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Check the Park Stewardship San Francisco volunteer homepage for program updates and schedule changes.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at 1750 Howard Road parking lot, Presidio of San Francisco, 94129 (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.