February 4, 2017
Saturday, 10 am-1 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Preschool Students, Elementary School Students
Location: Mori Point, San Mateo County
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore and maintain priority parklands within the Golden Gate National Parks. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Volunteer events include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Volunteer programs take place on Saturdays from 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Park Stewardship San Mateo volunteer page for program updates and the workday schedule.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the San Mateo workday schedule (PDF) for details.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.