May 25, 2013
Saturday, 9 am-noon
Audience: Adults, Educators, Elementary School Students, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Help enhance rare native plant habitat and create important wildlife corridors in the Presidio of San Francisco. Volunteers participate in environmental healing by removing invasive plants and revegetating with natives. Come learn about local plants and animals and be a habitat hero.
This is a weekly volunteer program every Wednesday and Saturday, 9 am-noon and Sunday 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Please arrive at the Transit Center by 8:50 am. We will be heading out to the work site no later than 9 am.
Check the Presidio Park Stewards volunteer page for schedule updates or cancellations due to holidays.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Presidio Transit Center by 8:50 am (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported to the work site.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also see the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.