January 4, 2017
Wednesday, 8 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore the historic gardens of Alcatraz. Through the project, volunteers will be introduced to the stories of the gardens and have the opportunity to visit some areas not accessible to the public. As an added bonus, garden volunteers arrive on Alcatraz before other visitors, so you can experience the island during the most tranquil time of day.
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 am-noon.
Individuals and Families
This is not a drop-in program. Click on the registration button and complete the express interest form. The volunteer manager will contact you with further details. Please note this program is limited in capacity so cannot accomodate drop-in volunteers.
Alcatraz programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.