February 24, 2015
Tuesday, 9 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Fort Mason, San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Help maintain the historic gardens and areas of Fort Mason. Projects include weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, and historic site improvements. Help keep this popular public destination well maintained for both local and worldwide visitors to use and enjoy.
Volunteer programs take place on Tuesdays, 9 am-noon.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Fort Mason Maintenance volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Fort Mason, Bldg. 201 at the flag pole (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.