May 7, 2015
Thursday, 9 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: China Beach, Baker Beach, Presidio of San Francisco, Crissy Field
Event Type: Volunteer
Help with grounds and historic site maintenance at Crissy Field and along the Presidio shoreline. Projects include litter removal, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, and historic site improvements. Help keep these popular public destinations well maintained for both local and worldwide visitors to use and enjoy.
Volunteer programs take place on Thursdays and Saturdays, 9 am-noon.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
View the Golden Gate Maintenance Schedule for program updates and cancellations.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary along the Presidio and San Francisco shoreline. View the Golden Gate Maintenance Schedule (PDF) for details.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.