January 20, 2017
Friday 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Marin Headlands
Event Type: Volunteer
Be a part of our close-knit community of veterans and military history enthusiasts. Help with vegetation management and site improvement throught the Nike Missile Site of the Golden Gate National Parks. Projects include litter removal, weeding plants, vegetation pruning, painting, and historic site improvements. Help keep this popular public destination well maintained for both local and worldwide visitors to use and enjoy. Plus, get a chance to join behind-the-scenes tours!
Volunteer programs take place on the 3rd Friday of each month, 9:30 am-12:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Nike Missile Site SF-88, Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.