February 24, 2017
Friday, 9 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Preschool Students, Elementary School Students
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
This combo program focuses on the health of the Presidio's historic forests and the maintenance of the trails throughout. The program focus rotates weekly.
Forest Stewards tend to young trees in the Presidio’s reforestation areas. Learn about urban forestry and arboriculture, while assisting with forest maintenance through planting, weeding, mulching, and other stewardship activities.
Trail Stewards help maintain and enhance park trails and pathways. Volunteers help us maintain a world-class trail system for the community to enjoy for now and forever.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Presidio Forest Stewards volunteer page for project details and program updates.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the Parent/Guardian Approval Form (PDF) signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Presidio Transit Center for a prompt 9am departure. Volunteers will be shuttled by van to the project site. Map Link>>
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.