June 20, 2013
Thursday, 10 am-1 pm
Audience: Adults, Educators, Elementary School Students, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Help maintain and enhance the historic gardens and landscaped areas of the Presidio. Activities include planting, weeding, spreading wood chips in landscaped beds, removing overgrown vegetation from historic garden features such as rock walls and pathways, and general site cleanup.
This is a monthly volunteer program every 3rd Thursday from 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Check the Presidio Garden Stewards volunteer page for project details or cancellations due to holidays.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF) Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the Parent/Guardian Approval Form (PDF) signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Inspiration Point Overlook (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported by van to project sites.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.