September 17, 2014
Wednesday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Preschool Students, Elementary School Students
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Volunteer at the Presidio Nursery and learn how to grow and care for native plants, as well as be a part of a thriving community-based restoration program. Activities include transplanting seedlings, pruning, planting (winter season), composting, and seed collecting.
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Presidio Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Presidio Nursery (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.