January 21, 2015
Wednesday, 10 am-1 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Marin County, Muir Woods National Monument
Event Type: One Tam, Volunteer
Join us in the majestic redwoods of Muir Woods and the rest of the scenic Redwood Creek watershed, where special efforts are being made to protect and enhance habitat for the endangered coho salmon and steelhead trout. Learn how to grow and care for the native plants in our nursery, as well as help plant and maintain our restoration sites.
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays, 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Redwood Creek Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Redwood Creek Nursery (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.