May 26, 2015
Tuesday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers
Location: Marin County, Marin Headlands, Tennessee Valley
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore native habitat in the Golden Gate National Parks. Nursery activities may include transplanting seedlings, pruning plants, collecting and cleaning seeds for the next growing season, or maintaining the nursery. As a volunteer, you will learn about local native species and the importance of restoration ecology.
Volunteer programs take place on Tuesdays, 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Tennessee Valley Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Tennessee Valley Nursery (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also see the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.