January 25, 2014
Saturday, 8:30 am-1 pm (Registration 8:30-9 am)
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Muir Beach, Muir Woods National Monument
Event Type: Volunteer
Enjoy the majestic redwoods while helping to restore and preserve this spectacular national park. Projects include deck flossing, weed removal, mulching, planting, tending the forest floor, and trail maintenance throughout the Redwood Creek Watershed. All participants are invited to join us for lunch at Muir Woods after the end of the event. It’s going to be a fun and rewarding day!
Registration is requested and appreciated. This is a rain or shine event. Please dress appropriately!
- Individuals and Groups (5 or less) at Muir Woods, register >>
- Family-friendly project at Muir Woods, register >>
- Individuals and Groups (5 or less) at Muir Beach, register >>
- Groups (6 or more), please contact us directly so we can place you on a project team together.
(415) 561-3077 or email@example.com.
8:30-9 am — volunteer registration
9-9:15 am — welcome and break into project teams
9:15 am-noon — head to project sites and begin work
Noon-1 pm — thank you and lunch at Muir Woods
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Parking at Muir Woods is extremely limited. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Volunteer FAQ
- Volunteer Brochure (PDF)
- Weekly Volunteer Schedule (PDF)
- Work Description and Field Safety (PDF)