October 18, 2014
Monday, 10 am-2 pm
Audience: Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Educators, Volunteers
Location: San Francisco, Ocean Beach
Event Type: Volunteer
This is a special program for youth during school holidays.
Fulfill school required community service hours and have a blast with friends, all while helping to restore your national park. Join us at Ocean Beach on Veteran's Day and use public transportation to get there. REI prizes will be given to those who take public transportation.
Volunteering on trails is fun, rewarding, and great exercise—and it counts for volunteer hours! These days are just for teens, so come with friends, classmates, or your school club and help do trail maintenance and habitat restoration along some of the most scenic trails in the park.
Individuals & Groups
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 14 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Ocean Beach and Fulton, San Francisco.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.