Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays, 9 am-noon.
Meeting Location: Meet at Sutro Heights park (click map on right).
Help keep Sutro Heights and the San Francisco shoreline beautiful! Volunteers are needed to help keep these popular public destinations well maintained for both local and worldwide visitors to use and enjoy. Projects include litter and sand removal, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, site improvements, and trail maintenance.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.