Date & Time:
Every 3rd Saturday, 9 am-noon.
- Saturday, 11/21: Muir Woods - Come prepare materials for the Hillside Trail sutter wall. Meet at the Muir Woods Visitor Center. Map Link >> - Stick around for the "History of Trail Work in Muir Woods" interpretive talk beginning at 1pm.
- Saturday, 12/19: Milagra Ridge - Meet at the Milagra Ridge gate, at the end of College Drive off Sharp Park Road Map Link >>
With over 80,000 acres of spectacular parkland spanning three counties, the Golden Gate National Parks are interlaced with an extensive trail system. The Golden Gate Trail Crew volunteers play a vital role in restoring and sustaining these impressive trails, protecting the resources along the trail corridor, and providing a world-class visitor experience.
Volunteer activities vary from season to season, but include tasks such as retreading trail, restoring native habitat, moving materials, replacing fence, brushing trail, and constructing new trail structures. This program is great for those who want a great workout, love being outdoors, are not afraid to get dirty, and enjoy meeting new folks!
Participants have the opportunity to visit and experience some of the most beautiful and scenic locations within the parks. Whether it’s brushing on Hawk Hill or helping to control erosion at Lands End, volunteering with the Golden Gate Trail Crew is sure to provide a unique and fun experience.
Please join us for this month’s trail work day and meet others like you, who love the park trails and want to contribute to these wonderful resources! Meeting locations vary each month.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Projects for groups of five or more are available year-round, but may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.