Date & Time:
Wednesdays, 10 am-2:30 pm
Please note, program cancelled on the following dates:
- November 12, 2014
- December 24, 2014
Meeting Location: Meeting locations vary. View the IPP workday schedule (PDF) for details.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers hike throughout the Marin Headlands to find new invasions of exotics and remove localized infestations before they get out of control. Get to know the park trail systems and learn to identify plants, both native and invasive. Hikes will last approximately four hours. Locations vary from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highlight encouraged. Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.