Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays, 1–4 pm and Saturdays,
No program on the following dates:
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Saturday, January 2, 2015
Meeting Location: Meet at Marin Headlands Nursery (click map on right).
Come grow with us! The Marin Headlands Nursery team of staff and volunteers grow plants to preserve and restore the Marin Headlands. This year we’re growing over 35,000 plants for many important projects, two highlight projects being Hawk Hill and Rodeo Valley Trail.
Volunteer support is the only way that the nursery can succeed and ensure that each plant can get the care it needs to thrive. Our volunteer programs involve something different each season and each week. Activities may include transplanting seedlings, pruning plants, processing seeds for the next growing season, maintaining the facility, or something else that is fun and outdoors.
In addition to joining us at a volunteer session, visitors are welcome to stop in while exploring the Headlands to come enjoy the nursery’s courtyard demonstration garden, which is a treasure trove of native plants.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Want to arrange a field trip for your school group? The nursery also accommodates groups of all ages to come take a tour and learn how a nursery grows a national park. For more information contact Robin Binaoro.