Date & Time:
Wednesdays, 1-4 pm and Saturdays, 10 am-1 pm
Please Note: Saturday, February 28th program has been canceled
Meeting locations vary. View the Marin workday schedule (PDF) for details.
Help restore sensitive habitat in Marin County. The Park Stewardship program works to restore and maintain priority parklands within the Golden Gate National Parks. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Volunteer days include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle or sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.