Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Saturdays, 10 am-1 pm.
- Nov 22, 2014 - Milagra Ridge
- Dec 6, 2014 - Mori Point
- Dec 13, 2014 - Mori Point
- Dec 20, 2014 - Milagra Ridge
Volunteer workday cancelations:
- November 29
- December 27
- January 3
- January 10
Volunteer workday schedule beginning January 2015:
Volunteer programs will continue to take place on Saturdays, 10am-1pm.
- First Saturday of the month - Rancho Corral De Tierra
- Second Saturday of the month - Mori Point
- Third Saturday of the month - Milagra Ridge
- Fourth Saturday of the month - To be announced in the monthly newsletters
Meeting Location: Meeting locations vary. Sign up for the San Mateo newsletter for details.
Help restore sensitive habitat at Milagra Ridge and Mori Point in Pacifica. The Park Stewardship program works to restore and maintain priority parklands within the Golden Gate National Parks. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Work day events include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. Carpool is available to some sites from Fort Mason, San Francisco.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.