Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Saturdays, 10 am-1 pm.
November 14 - Mori Point
November 21 - Milagra Ridge
November 28 - No Program
December 5 - Rancho Corral de Tierra
December 12 - Mori Point
December 19 - Mori Point
December 26 - No Program
January 2 - No Porgram
January 9 - Mori Point
Meeting Location: Meeting locations vary. Scroll to bottom for directions.
Help restore sensitive habitat at Milagra Ridge, Mori Point, and Rancho Corral de Tierra. The Park Stewardship program works to restore and maintain priority parklands within the Golden Gate National Parks. Whether it be protecting an endangered species, restoring a historic feature, or improving a trail, community support is the key to ensuring the long term protection of these unique park sites. Work day events include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. Carpool is available to some sites from Fort Mason, San Francisco.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Directions to Work Sites
Rancho Corral de Tierra
Contact Georgia Vasey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for meeting location.
Meet at the Mori Point gate, just behind the Moose Lodge on Mori Point Road. Map
Meet at the Milagra Ridge gate, at the end of College Drive off Sharp Park Road. Map