Date & Time:
Every 3rd Thursday, 10 am-1 pm.
Meet at Inspiration Point overlook in the Presidio (click map on right).
Help Presidio Trust gardeners maintain and enhance the Presidio’s historic gardens and landscaped areas. Activities include planting, weeding, spreading wood chips in landscaped beds, removing overgrown vegetation from historic garden features such as rock walls and pathways, and general site cleanup.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the Parent/Guardian Approval Form (PDF) signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.