Date & Time:
Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 am-noon and Sundays, 10 am-1 pm.
Meeting Location: Meet at the Presidio Transit Center (click map on right).
Please note that there will be no drop-in programs on the following dates:
- Saturday, Nov. 30
- Wednesday, Dec. 25
- Wednesday, Jan. 1
Help enhance rare native plant habitat and create important wildlife corridors in the Presidio of San Francisco. Learn about dune and serpentine systems while working in our scrub, grassland, woodland, wetland, and bluff habitats. Our activities include invasive plant removal during the summer season and planting during the winter season. Habitat restoration is a proactive way to participate in environmental healing while removing invasive plants and revegetating with natives. Come learn about local plants and animals and be a habitat hero!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Wednesdays and Saturdays: Please arrive by 8:50 am to fill out paperwork. We will be heading out to the work site no later than 9 am.
Sundays: Please arrive by 9:50 am to fill out paperwork. We will be heading out to the work site no later than 10 am.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.