Summer Academic Internships are OPEN! – see below for position details
This exciting program is a partnership of the National Park Service, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, San Francisco State University, College of Marin, and City College of San Francisco. Only students currently enrolled at San Francisco State University, College of Marin, & City College of San Francisco are eligible.
Did you know that the Golden Gate National Parks is one of the largest national parks in an urban setting and located only within a few miles of your school?! This vast park extends across three Bay Area counties and includes amazing places such as Alcatraz, Crissy Field, Fort Funston, Marin Headlands, and Muir Woods. Join a diverse team of your college peers and experience these spectacular parklands first hand, behind the scenes, and in depth.
Timeline & Details:
- Summer Academic Internships are OPEN – see below for position details
- Spring 2017 Academic Internships will be posted early September 2016
- Internships run mid-January through late-May
- Part-time and Full-time positions available
- Summer extensions may be possible based on performance, program need, and funding
- Positions located in San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo counties
- Sample positions in various fields: interpretation, restoration and monitoring, youth programs and education, law enforcement, cultural resources, communications and media, park administration and operations, business management, facilities and maintenance, and much more!
- Increase diversity in the workplace and support an intern cohort that reflects the demographics of our Bay Area community
- Engage local college youth in park programs and projects
- Deliver hands-on, relevant, and meaningful professional experiences to enhance classroom learning, while contributing to the mission of the park
- Offer strong mentorships that provide students with constructive training and support
- $50 daily stipend (per full day)
- Academic credit possible (student responsible for confirming eligibility)
- Real work experience with a network of people who love their jobs
- Gain specialized training, professional workforce skills, and leadership skills
- Career building and potential for future job opportunities
- Immersive experience in the most visited national park in the country
2016 SUMMER POSITIONS (May – August 2016) – click on each internship for the position description and how to apply:
- Community Outreach Internship – Marin County
For questions about the Academic Internship Program, email AcademicIntern@parksconservancy.org. For information on the 2017 Academic Internship Program, check back in early September 2016 or click here to add your name to our mailing list.
For information about the academic credit and other educational related questions contact:
Students at CCSF:
Peggy Lopipero-Langmo, Instructor in the Biology and Engineering & Technology Departments, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Cannon, Instructor in the Biology Department, email@example.com
Check out this video about the Academic Internships Program made by Academic Interns: