Beginning Date: Fall 2013
Completion Date: Spring 2019
As the capstone to the Presidio’s “post-to-park” transformation, the Presidio Tunnel Tops project is creating a world-class public space that connects Crissy Field and the Main Post, welcomes people of all backgrounds, and confirms the Presidio as a definitive 21st century national park.
Offering panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay, the downtown skyline, and Crissy Field, the new parklands will immerse a broad cross-section of visitors from across our community and our nation in this extraordinary setting, providing a variety of ways to engage with the site and with each other through new opportunities to learn, to play, and to serve.
The Presidio Tunnel Tops project encompasses the following interconnected sites:
- An 11-acre dramatic designed landscape to be created above the Presidio Parkway roadway tunnels
- A 3-acre revitalized Crissy Field Center Youth Campus with a “Learning Landscape”
- A gracious new plaza for the Presidio Visitor Center
Learn more about the project—and opportunities to participate—at presidiotunneltops.org.
The Presidio Tunnel Tops project is supported with major gifts to the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy from the following generous donors:
- S. D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation
- The Fisher Family
- Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation
- Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund
- Hellman Foundation
- Koret Foundation
- Mark and Mauree Jane Perry
For information about contributing to this significant civic effort, please contact Kathryn Morelli, Vice President for Development for the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, at (415) 561-3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.