Golden Gate Historic Landscape and Site Maintenance: Ocean Beach
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: 2nd Friday of the month, March-October
Where: Ocean Beach - Stairwell #17
Come join the fun and help preserve and protect your national park! Maintenance volunteers help protect and beautify the historic landscapes and cultural resources throughout National Park Service managed lands in San Francisco and San Mateo counties―from Fort Mason to Sutro Heights Park, Ocean Beach, and Fort Funston. Projects include litter and sand removal, planting native flora, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, site improvements, and trail maintenance. Check the Golden Gate Maintenance volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.