The towering redwoods of Muir Woods are waiting for you! On six days in 2021, all national parks and national monuments that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone, including Muir Woods in the San Francisco Bay Area. Add these 2021 entrance fee-free dates to your calendars:
- January 18 - Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 17 - First day of National Park Week
- August 4 - One year anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- August 25 - National Park Service Birthday
- September 25 - National Public Lands Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
Plan Before You Go
You’ll still need a reservation for parking (commercial and motor vehicles) and/or seats on the Muir Woods shuttle. Reservations are now required seven days a week, year-round. Parking and shuttle reservations can be made online at GoMuirWoods.com or by phone at 1-800-410-2419.
Only Muir Woods and Alcatraz have fees associated with entrance, you can enjoy free-fee days at all other park sites in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (with exception of parking fees). Plan your next visit to the parks.