June 16, 2013
Sunday, 9:30 am-2:30 pm
Audience: Adults, Educators, Elementary School Students, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Marin County, Marin Headlands
Event Type: Volunteer
Help restore and monitor critical natural areas from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge. Volunteers and staff work at different scenic locations each week to restore native habitat throughout the park. Come out and explore beautiful areas while assisting in invasive plant removal, outplanting of native plants (winter season), and seed collection.
This is a weekly volunteer program on Tuesdays, 10 am-Noon and Sundays, 9:30 am-2:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged as we work at different restoration sites and may need to give you directions. No cancellations due to rain.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
(415) 289-1861 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call our hotline at (415) 289-1862 to hear the Sunday workday schedule.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your Volunteer Waiver (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty, long pants, closed-toe shoes, layers for changing weather, and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the HRT workday schedule (PDF) for details.