August 13, 2014
Wednesday, 10 am-2:30 pm
Audience: Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers
Location: Marin County, Marin Headlands
Event Type: Volunteer
Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers find new invasions of exotics and remove localized infestations before they get out of control. This program is great for those that love to hike in the park and want to get to know new trail systems. You'll learn to identify plants, both native and invasive while enjoying scenic landscapes. Hikes last approximately 4 hours. Locations vary from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge.
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays from 10 am-2:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. We work at different sites each week and may need to give you directions.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the IPP workday schedule (PDF) for details.
HRT Office: (415) 289-1861 or email@example.com. Call our hotline at (415) 289-1862 to hear the Sunday workday schedule.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.