January 22, 2016
Friday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Come participate in “extreme restoration” in some of the more out-of-the-way natural areas of the Presidio. Volunteers help eradicate noxious weeds that pose threats to the native biodiversity of Presidio plants and animals. Come on out and help restore this spectacular park!
Volunteer programs take place on Fridays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Presidio Plant Patrol volunteer page for program updates and cancellations.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Presidio Transit Center at 12:50 pm (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported to the work site.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.