May 31, 2013
Friday, 1-4 pm
Audience: Adults, Educators, Families, Groups, High School Students, Middle School Students, Seniors, Volunteers
Location: Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Come participate in “extreme restoration” in some of the more out-of-the-way natural areas of the Presidio. Volunteers will help eradicate noxious weeds that pose threats to the native biodiversity of Presidio plants and animals. Come on out and help restore this spectacular park.
This is a weekly volunteer program on Fridays from 1-4 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain.
Please arrive at the Transit Center by 12:50 pm. We will be heading out to the work site no later than 1 pm.
Check the Presidio Plant Patrol volunteer page for schedule updates or cancellations due to holidays.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Please wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Presidio Transit Center by 12:50 pm (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported to the work site.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.