March 7, 2017
Tuesday, 9 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Fort Mason, San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
Help with vegetation management and site improvements throughout the San Francisco shoreline of the Golden Gate National Parks. Projects include litter removal, weeding plants, vegetation pruning, painting, and historic site improvements. Help keep these popular public destinations well maintained for both local and worldwide visitors to use and enjoy.
Volunteer programs take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9am - noon.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event
Check the Golden Gate Maintenance volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting location varies. View the GOGA Maintenance workday schedule (PDF) for details
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.