October 18, 2014
Saturday, 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Fort Funston, San Francisco
Event Type: Volunteer
The Fort Funston Nursery grows an impressive 25,000 plants a year. This is largely due to our dedicated volunteer base. By working at Fort Funston, volunteers participate in a variety of activities, including seed collection, propagation, transplanting, pruning, planting (winter season), and weeding. Help grow your national park!
Volunteer programs take place on Saturdays, 9:30 am-12:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Due to limited capacity, registration is requested for participation.
Check the Fort Funston Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Fort Funston Nursery (click on map above).
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.