February 27, 2016
Saturday, 10 am-noon
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Preschool Students, Elementary School Students
Location: San Francisco, Ocean Beach
Event Type: Volunteer
Winter storms are washing manmade debris onto park beaches. Microtrash is some of the most dangerous debris for shorebirds and marine life. Join us on upcoming Saturday mornings for a community beach cleanups to improve habitat for wildlife and safety for human visitors.
February 20 - Two Locations!
February 27- Two Locations!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. Rain cancels cleanup.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.