Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and the 2nd Friday of the month, 9 am-noon.
Meeting Location: Meeting location varies. View the GOGA Maintenance workday schedule (PDF) for details.
Help keep the shoreline of San Francisco beautiful! Volunteers are needed to help with vegetation management and site improvements along the coast of San Francisco in the Golden Gate National Parks. Sites include Fort Mason, Presidio of San Francisco, China Beach, Lands End, Ocean Beach, Sutro Heights Park and Fort Funston. Projects include litter and sand removal, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, site improvements, and trail maintenance.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.