Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 1–4 pm.
No Program: Saturday, April 22, 2017
Meeting Location: Meet at Presidio Nursery (click map on right).
This year the Presidio Nursery is growing over 125,000 native plants for restoration projects such as Inspiration Point, Crissy Field, Dragonfly Creek, and Baker Beach, among others. Volunteers are truly the driving force of our nursery, and their support is essential to achieving these goals.
A hidden gem of San Francisco, the Presidio Nursery is located in the heart of our Golden Gate National Parks, where picturesque views of the Bay, the California Coast, and the Golden Gate Bridge will inspire you to help us preserve our natural world.
Volunteer activities vary throughout the seasons, but generally include seed collection, seed cleaning, transplanting, pruning, weeding, compost sifting, plant moving, pot washing, nursery maintenance, and general care of our Habitat Demonstration Garden.
Join our community of plant enthusiasts; learn about native plants as you help us grow our national park!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Want to make Presidio Nursery your classroom? Petal Pushers (Grade 3) and Here’s the Dirt (Grades 6,7,8) education programs are offered and taught by the nursery’s own education staff. Field trips and service learning can also be arranged. For more information contact Ely Huerta Ortiz.