Crissy Field Center is a dynamic hub of youth engagement for the Golden Gate National Parks and a model program of the National Park Service. Crissy Field Center programs encourage new generations to become bold leaders for thriving parks, healthy communities, and a more environmentally just society. With our focus on engaging people who traditionally have had little—if any—access to national parks, the Center has developed strong partnerships with schools and community centers in underserved areas, providing a majority of its programming for free or at low cost.
The Center’s state of the art, green education facility at East Beach consists of classrooms, labs and gathering space for youth enrolled in the Center’s camps, visiting on school field trips or with after school programs and youth leaders that help ensure that we are truly Parks For All, Forever!
Making a gift is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a loved one or to honor the memory of another, and support the important work of the Crissy Field Center. You can feel doubly satisfied that your gift will acknowledge Jenna Rose Fiorello while helping further the Centers efforts to enhance conservation, stewardship, and education programs within the Golden Gate National Parks.
In addition to providing you with a confirmation of donation, notification of your memorial gift will be sent to the family of Ms. Fiorello, acknowledging your thoughtfulness in contributing through the method they felt would honor their daughter the most.
New from the Crissy Field Center
Learn how an amazing young leader’s memory continues to inspire, see how Crissy Field Center’s environmental education programs continue to lead and innovate, and discover how our I-YEL interns are giving a powerful and compelling voice to their generation. more >>
It’s summer time and that means trails throughout our parks will be bustling with families. Did you know that Crissy Field Center also uses trails for educational purposes? Learn how Camping at the Presidio utilizes the Batteries to Bluffs Trail in their new program “Are We There Yet?” more >>
Working in partnership with the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust, the Center actively engages people with their environments by focusing on the convergence of the urban and natural environment through multicultural perspectives.
The Center’s highly trained, diverse staff provides multicultural programming that instills environmental values, civic responsibility, park stewardship, leadership development, and a commitment to sustainability. By taking a “ladder of learning” approach and offering multiple, stepped programs that promote long-term relationships, the Center nurtures youth both personally and professionally, introducing them to career opportunities within the park.
Since its opening in 2001, the Center has served more than 800,000 youth and their families through school field trips, public workshops, after-school programs, summer camps, and more. Our award winning programs internationally regarded as innovative models of education for sustainability.
Designed for a Sustainable Future
Crissy Field Center used as many green elements as possible into the design and construction of the new 7,200-square-foot interim facility. Advanced pre-engineering substantially reduced the demand for raw materials and makes the construction site virtually waste free. Fisher Development, Project FROG’s installation partner, used a solar-powered generator to further minimize environmental impact. Other sustainable features and practices include:
- Exterior panels made from old-growth redwood salvaged from the historic Cal Park Hill Railway Tunnel, paired with EcoClad—a bio-composite material engineered from post-consumer paper/wood fiber and bamboo fiber
- InterfaceFlor carpet tiles made with 70 percent recycled content
- Energy-efficient lighting systems with daylight sensors and occupancy controls
- A 2,500-gallon rainwater catchment tank providing enough water to cover more than half the annual toilet flushing needs
- Plans for a solar-thermal heating system to generate hot water for all the snack bar operations
- The liquid hand soap is biodegradable, and is made with vegetable and fruit extracts, and naturally occurring minerals
- Sustainably sourced furniture and cabinets were removed from the building at 603 Mason and are being reused in the new facility
More About the Crissy Field Center
- A Legacy Takes Root, Programs Blossom
- Are We There Yet
- Are We There Yet?
- Our National Park: A "Bucketful of Joy"
- YEL-ing Across the Generations
- Pollution Palooza: Good, Clean Fun!
- Beyond BioBlitz: Project WISE Youth Bring Science to the Parks
- Community Group Programs: More Reach, More Impact, More Fitness
- A Look Back at an Unforgettable 2013
- Getting Trained Up to Camp Out
Crissy Field Center
1199 East Beach, Presidio
San Francisco, CA 94129
General Information (415) 561-7752
Fax (415) 561-7695