Date & Time:
Every 3rd Saturday, 10 am-noon
- January 17: Canceled
Join us on MLK Day of Service, January 19!
Meeting Location: Meet at Stairwell 17 (click map on right).
Become a park steward while enjoying a day at the beach and help improve wildlife habitat both locally and globally. This program is an easy team-building project that takes only a few hours and contributes to your community.
Ocean Beach is a beautiful three mile stretch of coastline popular with local residents and visitors alike to enjoy a range of recreational activities. Due to its popularity, wildlife is being harmed by things that do not belong on the beach. Please come out and help preserve and protect this treasured destination. Help keep our beaches beautiful, clean, and safe for all of us to enjoy.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. Rain cancels cleanups.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.