Date & Time:
Last Saturday of each month, October thru April, 10am - 1pm
Saturday, March 25th: Join us at Fort Funston! Meeting location will be at the Muir Drive Gate off Skyline Blvd. Map Link>>
Teens on Trails provides local students with opportunities to work in some of the Bay Area’s most majestic park locations and participate in a variety of trail restoration projects.
Work days are scheduled on the last Saturday of each month, October thru April, and we encourage youth to join us and bring their friends, classmates, or school club out to help improve park trails!
Volunteering on trails is fun, rewarding, great exercise, and provides community service hours that many students need to graduate high school. Volunteer activities vary for each work day, but include tasks such as resurfacing trail, restoring native habitat, repairing fences, and cutting back brush along the trails.
This program is great for those who are looking for an introduction to their local national parks, enjoy spending time outdoors, and want to meet other Bay Area teens with these similar interests!
Meeting locations vary each month.
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or contact us for more information. Group projects must be confirmed in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Adult supervision is required for teens 14 and younger.
- Bring your volunteer agreement form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.