The Park Stewardship program engages a vibrant community of local stewards in the conservation of priority parklands throughout the Golden Gate National Parks. Whether protecting endangered species, restoring historic features or improving trails, community support and hands-on education is critical to maintaining and sustaining these important resources.
Sign up for our regional newsletters
Marin County >>
San Francisco County >>
San Mateo County >>
Who is Park Stewardship?
Donate to this program >>
- We are stewards of the Golden Gate National Parks, working in partnership with the National Park Service to restore and sustain priority parklands.
- We are field ecologists, studying park resources, and reporting on amazing scientific findings from right here in our park.
- We are environmental educators, providing hands-on learning while sharing the park's wonders with people of all ages.
- We are youth leaders, providing pathways and support for continued involvement and development in the park.
- We are community builders, connecting people to nature and to each other.
Together, we are park transformers and sustainers, committed to making our park the best it can be, for all, forever.
Park Stewardship Community Programs
Park Stewardship College and Youth Programs