The Bridge Photo Experience is open year-round.
View More Photos:
Click here or view slideshow below to see more fun Bridge Experience photos!
Golden Gate Bridge Photo Experience:
Did you ever think you could:
- Ride your bike or walk your dog up the main cable?
- Let your baby crawl up the cable?
- Pose for a family portrait atop the Bridge?
- Smooch your sweetie on top of the 746-foot-high tower?
- Get a perfect shot of yourself standing in front of the Bridge, even when it’s completely fogged in?
Yes, you can (virtually), and in just a few minutes' time!
This fun, unique keepsake photo is perfect for:
- Commemorating your birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, or other special event
- Creating a one-of-a-kind greeting for any occasion: “Happy Birthday,” “Happy Mother’s/Father’s Day,” and more
- Family holiday cards
- Posting on Facebook
- Celebrating your trip to San Francisco
Pricing: $20 (plus tax) for:
- 2 mix-and-match 5x7 photos in 8x10 commemorative folders
- Additional photos for $10.00 each
- Discount wholesale/group pricing available. Contact Katy Olds at (415) 561-3079
- Available exclusively at the Round House
Online Extras: Website link to view photos online and post on social media. Additional items available online including high-res images, cards, mugs, and more.
Location and Hours: Round House, Golden Gate Bridge Plaza (southeast side of the Bridge). Open year round, seven days a week (except Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Products: Free photo shoot with multiple pictures and no obligation to buy. Visitors view the photos on a computer and select the images they like for purchase. A variety of photos are available in the backgrounds including:
- Sky Trek: Climb the main cables!
- Tower Top: Atop the South Tower
- Vista View: The perfect shot of the Bridge on foggy days
- Plus seasonal specials!
Packages: Family packages for $55.00 include a Bridge tour (offered spring-fall) and a photo package for two adults and two juniors (ages 6-17)—a total savings of over $15.00
For more information, visit www.ggbridgephotos.com or contact Katy Olds at (415) 561-3079.
Seniors (62+) and Juniors (6–17)
Family (2 adults, 2 juniors)
Family + photo package
10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm,
Make your visit to the Golden Gate Bridge an enjoyable and comfortable experience by planning ahead.
Parking & Public Transportation:Parking at the bridge plaza is extremely limited. On weekends and holidays, additional parking is available nearby in the employee lot lot on the southwest side of the Bridge. We recommend allowing ample time to find parking before the beginning of your tour. Tours begin promptly at the time scheduled.
Public transit is a very good alternative. Plan your trip by clicking the map on the right or going to 511.org.
Visit the www.sfravel.com for more information about riding a bicycle to the bridge or taking one of several tour buses that run throughout the city.
- Photo ID or a credit card are needed, one per party, in order to check out audio equipment for the tour.
- Tours are entirely walking tours on slightly uneven pavement. The total mileage is approximately .75 miles (1.2 km). Comfortable walking shoes are strongly recommended.
- Luggage, backpacks, and packages cannot be stored during the tour.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, motor-driven bicycles/cycles, roller blades or skates, "wheelie" shoes, Segways, and weapons are not allowed on the tour.
- Minors under the age of 18 attending a tour must be accompanied by an adult. Children under age 5 must be under direct physical parental control at all times on the tour (stroller, harness, backpack, or hand-holding).
- Pets and companion animals (with the exception of service animals) are not allowed on tours or in the Round House.
- Food and beverages are available in the Round House and at the Bridge Cafe.
The climate at the bridge is unpredictable and can change suddenly. Foggy mornings can give way to sunny afternoons, which in turn can shift quickly back to more fog. Strong afternoon winds are common during every season. Rain occurs in winter and spring.
Because Bridge Tours are conducted entirely outside, we recommend dressing in layers, including a warm jacket and comfortable shoes. If needed, cold weather and rain gear can be purchased at the Bridge Pavilion Store.
Tour tickets are not refundable due to weather conditions.
Golden Gate Bridge Tours welcome groups to visit throughout the season. If you would like to book an all adult group, please contact the Bridge Tours Group Services Department by calling (877) 349-7625 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior/Special Needs Groups:
Please refer to our disclaimer (PDF) to better determine whether this tour is right for your group.
Wholesale rates are available if you are interested in adding Golden Gate Bridge Tours to your current program. Certain restrictions apply. Please call our reservations department for more details at (415) 430-1628.
For safety concerns, all youth groups must include one chaperone 21 years of age or older for every five youth ages 18 and under. No refunds are given for groups who arrive without proper chaperone ratios. Bridge Tour docents reserve the right to check photo ID of all chaperones. Please note that all youth must be closely supervised at all times while on the Bridge Tour for their own safety.
Your group will need to complete and send back a Chaperone Responsibility Checklist (PDF) prior to your trip date. It outlines our rules while on tour and also what is to be expected from each chaperone. The Golden Gate Bridge Tour policies are strictly enforced and chaperones accompanying youth have a serious responsibility to the children in their charge.
Tours use modern audio broadcasting and listening technology to assure that visitors can hear every word and tour guides can speak in a normal, conversational tone.
At the beginning of the tour participants will be asked to leave a driver’s license or major credit card as collateral for the equipment. The document will be returned after the tour in the round house.
Please read our disclaimer (PDF) for other important information.