Using footage from a 7-day road trip from San Francisco to Yosemite and Grand Canyon National Parks, Inspiring Young Emerging Leaders (I-YEL) interns from the Crissy Field Center created a 19-minute film exploring visitation of national parks by minority groups, especially urban youth of color. From their investigation and reflection, high school interns grew to understand that in order for people to care about national parks, they must also care about their own communities and that national parks are only relevant if they connect to everyday issues. In this powerful video, you will see how these interns are turning the environmental stereotype on its head and redefining who is an environmental leader
Crissy Field Center programs encourage new generations to become bold leaders for thriving parks, healthy communities and a more environmentally just society.
The Crissy Field Center located on the Golden Gate National Recreation Area in San Francisco is a partnership of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service.
- I-YEL Vlog #2 February 2010
- I-YEL Vlog #1 January 2010
- "Biomimicry" By David. I-YEL 2009
- FOOD: by Dina. I-YEL step one 2009
- "EcoDesign" by Dennis. I-YEL 2009
- "National Parks" by Kevin. I-YEL 2009
- "ReMix the Message" by Nick. I-YEL 2009
- Rob Weinberg's I-YEL interview / Widget Jam