Do you enjoy being outside? Are you looking for a meaningful way to spend the summer and willing to try new things?
Linking Individuals to their Natural Community (LINC) is a summer program for high school students focused on service learning and conservation in local communities and parklands.
This six -week program brings youth from across the Bay Area together for a variety of local service projects, education & recreation and skills building workshops to gain career and leadership skills. Project and activities will vary by week and may include:
- Service Projects: Trail work, habitat restoration, community cleanup etc.
- Career development such as resume building and interview skills practice, networking with park partners
- Gain leadership skills by practicing facilitation
- Overnight service camping trip to a National Park
- Gain technical job skills through welding and carpentry workshops
- Practice iNaturalist skills while contributing to real science data
- Participate in a team Ropes Course challenge
- Collaborating with other environmental youth teams throughout the summer
- Learn about your local, state and National Parks
This program meets Tuesday – Friday for six weeks. At the conclusion of the program, all participants receive up to a $2300 education award.
We are planning for a fully in-person program this summer 2022. Pending COVID-19 safety restrictions, we will adapt to virtual/hybrid programming as needed.
Program Dates: June 14th – July 29th, 2022 **week break: July 5th- 8th**
Applications for LINC Summer High School Program are due by Feb 27th at 11:59pm. CLICK HERE TO APPLY