Do you enjoy being outside? Are you looking for a meaningful way to spend the summer and willing to try new things?
Linking Individuals to their Natural Community (LINC) is a summer program for high school students focused on community building, service learning, and exploring local communities and parklands.
This six -week program brings youth from across the Bay Area together for a variety of outdoor experiences themed around service, youth agency, recreation, team building, and professional development. Projects and activities will vary each week and may include:
- Service Projects: Trail work, habitat restoration, community cleanup etc.
- Professional development: resume building, mock interviews, and networking with park partners
- Opportunities to experience and gain soft job skills like facilitation, team building, and healthy communication styles.
- Opportunities to experience and learn technical job skills like wildlife monitoring or carpentry.
- Overnight service camping trip to a National Park.
- Practicing wildlife observation using tools like iNaturalist.
- Participating in team-building exercises like ropes courses, kayaking, or field games.
- Collaborating and networking with other youth programs throughout the summer.
- Learning about your local, state, and national parks.
This program meets Tuesday – Friday for six weeks. At the conclusion of the program, all participants receive up to a $2,300 education award.
We are planning for a fully in-person program this summer 2023. Pending COVID-19 safety restrictions, we will adapt to virtual/hybrid programming as needed.
Program Dates: June 13th – July 28th, 2023 **week break: July 4th- 8th**
Applications for LINC Summer High School Program are due by Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 11:59pm.